We Lewellens Are Busy

Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy. Busy. Busy. And, of course, I know everyone is these days. For our family, though, I must say that this period of time in our life is feeling quite more 'filled' than any previous time. Allow me, if you will, to break it down for you...

  • February 17-March 1... the girls and I visited family and friends in North Carolina. (Feel free to relive this fiasco in my previous blog...)
  • March 8-10... hubby attended his company's annual meet in Beaver Creek leaving a post-travel-exhausted Mommy home alone with two post-travel-hyper kiddos.
  • March 12-15... Misha-N-Pops paid us a visit which was great fun. Pookie especially enjoyed the early birthday party which was complete with a 9 pound cake and yots and yots of presents! 
  • March 15-18... Uncle Mike (my Uncle Mike, not to be confused with hubby's Uncle Mike) and Cousins Kristen and Michael popped in for a Spring Break visit.
  • March 21-23... hubby is currently in San Diego which I hear gets its name from a whale's vagina (gotta love some Anchorman!)
  • March 29-April 3... Aunt Kiki is coming for a visit... can't wait for her to log some QT with the girls!
  • April 12-April 26... Nanny returns! because...
  • April 14-18... hubby and I are headed to Jamaica, Mon! for my girlfriend Tamar's wedding.
  • April 28-May 2... Cousins Kyndal and Brett and their darling fellas Kaiser and Porter are leaving Pittsburgh behind for a weekend in the Mile High!
  • May 29-June 4... hubby and I are Hawaii bound!
  • June 10-June 17... my favorite Charlotte gals are coming for their annual summer visit.
Peppered into all the craziness is hubby's birthday, our five year wedding anniversary, Carter Lilly's birthday, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, the end of the school year, swim lessons, gymnastics, solving Murphy Girl's schedule and poop dilemmas,  starting her on solid foods (and hopefully convincing her that a bottle of milk is not her mortal enemy), trying to get rid of this darn baby belly in order to not be completely humiliated during our beachy trips, and generally ensuring that everyone survives the insanity with both a sane mind and a healthy body.

I must confess: this blog is mostly written for me. I'm hoping that it will be a nice reference point for me when I forget who's coming and who's going and when and where the comings and goings are occurring. 

I have a favorite quote: "Anticipation is the purest form of pleasure." I heard this several years ago, and it really resonated with me. When days are long and full of lots of whining (and, thus, lots of wine-ing), I certainly do take great pleasure in anticipating all the fun, memory making days that await us in the next few months. Looking at the bulleted points of busyness above does not make me feel stressed or overwhelmed. It makes me feel fortunate that so many folks want to come visit our toddler infested home. It makes me feel loved. It makes me feel blessed. 

Life is good. Very, very good. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous writing Melissa. Must say, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this little dittie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always..I love it!! Can't wait to be back in the Mile High City!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how happy we are to be visiting/contributing to the Lewellens' crazy, toddler-infested home/schedule! SO excited...but you already know that. :) Here's to some wine-ing (and hopefully very little whining) while we're there!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan