Favorite Things, Q3

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Here we are, 75% of the way through 2011. The year is just flying by, and as quarter three drew to an end, I began to look back and take notice of all the things that made life a bit sweeter over the past few months.

My Favorite Things of 2011, Q3,
  1. The Container Store...  well, this one isn't exactly a thing, but rather a whole bunch of things found in the same store. I went on several organizational crazes this summer, and each time The Container Store provided the inspiration. In addition to the items that I picked up for my big projects, like this and this, I found several random items that have really come in handy. These car hooks that easily slip onto the headrest are inexpensive and helpful to hold backpacks, purses, grocery bags, etc...  These plastic bottle holders save space in my small refrigerator and are perfect for holding large class containers of water as well as soda or wine bottles. The CableBox- a genius invention- holds the larger power strip as well as all of the cords to our computer and its components. I bought several of these clear plastic baskets with handles to make items in my pantry more easily accessible as well as more space effective. The Container Store
  2. Whole Foods Angel Food Cake... to call this pre-made cake delicious is an understatement. I actually don't think I have a word to adequately describe how scrumptious this cake is. I began buying it a couple summers ago to use with fresh strawberries for strawberry shortcake. This summer, however, I picked up one about every two weeks just to have on hand for random munching. It is perfect with a cup of coffee in the mornings or as a semi-sweet dessert after dinner. Even my husband, who's not at all a 'sweets' person, couldn't resist this cake. Hands down, it is the best angel food cake I've ever tasted. Whole Foods Store Locations
  3. Immaculate Baking Company Refrigerated Baking Products... crescent rolls, biscuits, and cinnamon rolls are just a few of the products made by this North Carolina-based (shout out to my home state!) company. I had been looking for an alternative to the Little Dough Boy's (I'm not mentioning any names) version of these types of products as, while they were favorites in our home, they are filled with preservatives and artificial ingredients that I try to avoid being a part of my girls' primary diet. I gave the Immaculate variety a try, and we were instantly hooked-especially on the delicious, gooey cinnamon rolls. They are available at our local SuperTarget and are pretty comparable in price to that other brand. The Immaculate Baking Company
  4. Golden Oreos... so, forget everything I just said above regarding artificial ingredients and preservatives, and know that these are my guilty pleasure and that I actually hide them from my kids! I first sampled the light-skinned friend of the classic cookie on a Southwest flight from Denver to North Carolina. I was in love at first bite, but at that moment, I wasn't sure if the airplane chardonnay I was drinking via sippy cup was altering my taste buds. Well, when I gave them a try with more a typical beverage companion, ice cold milk, I was just as impressed. I actually like these a bit too much and have now had to put myself on a purchasing restriction from them as I have devoured a good five suggested servings during a single episode of The SoupGolden Oreos
  5. Dyson Air Multiplier Bladeless Fan... I had my eye on this bad boy all summer, but the ridiculous price-tag kept me admiring at a distance. In early August, I was browsing Bed, Bath, and Beyond in search of some photo albums when I noticed it on sale for over 50% off, AND I just happened to be carrying an additional 20% coupon in my purse. I can't say for sure that this So-Much-More-Than-a-Fan-Fan would have been worth its original nearly $300 price tag, but I am pretty crazy about it. The circulated air has a more crisp feel than our other fans, and its breeze can actually be felt all the way across the room. Additionally, it is very quiet and has no blades to to potentially hurt tiny fingers.  Dyson Fan
  6. Scentsy Wickless Candles...  I originally started using Scentsy products about a year and a half ago after I attended a home party at a friend's house. I loved them initially, but when I ran out of my scent cubes, I just kind of forgot about them. In early September, I realized how much I missed my Scentsy's when I started using regular ol' candles again. Lucky for me, my cousin Brittany had become a Scentsy rep; so I was able to go online, order directly from her, and have a UPS box on my porch within days. I love the amazing scents that fill my home without adding any of the 'negatives' that come with candles... no dripping wax, no smoke, no burning danger to the kiddos. I'm currently in love with the Thunderstorm scent and am already mentally placing my next order. Scentsy Wickless Candles
  7. Missoni for Target... I admit, I got swept up into all the hoopla and went bananas at Target on the morning of September 13. To be totally honest, while I did know about the Missoni launch, I was actually just stopping by Target for light-bulbs that morning after dropping Carter off at school. When I walked into the Missoni madness, I unconsciously joined the chaos and began feverishly searching through the scarcely remaining Missoni items for fun products me, my girls, friends, and family. I scored a skirt, a dress, and a cardigan for me; a coat for Pookie; and a one-piece romper for Murphy. I also snagged a pair of rain boots and a pair of ballet flats for myself, and a couple other things to give as gifts. The prices were great for this high-end designer's knock-offs, and I get compliments literally every single time I wear one of my pieces. Missoni for Target
Looking back over my Favorite Things, Q3, it certainly appears that my sweet tooth was raging with a vengeance this summer; I even unintentionally used the word sweeter in my intro to this post! Cool, crisp evenings are now upon us, and the fall is sure to usher in some phenomenal things (hopefully of the non-edible variety as I'd like to still fit into my fabulous Missoni finds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan