Tuesday Tidings

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I've spent much of today making a To-Do list and very little time doing anything on said list. By nature, I just feel more at peace when life is in order; and by life, I mean everything from closets to schedules to correspondence. Lately, though, nothing is actually in order, so my list is mostly composed of ways to organize the things to do. (Is anyone following what I'm saying?) In other words, my To-Do list doesn't say 'Exercise'; it says 'Make a Schedule for Exercising.' And instead of  'Cook Dinner'; it says 'Create a Weekly Meal Plan' and so on... Nowhere on this list is blogging mentioned, but because writing also makes me feel at peace, I decided to forgo the list entirely and opt for the quick fix.
Speaking of meal planning... curious as to what's cooking at my house? You'll find a boiling pot of this on my stove at some point most every day:
Once the meal planning-plan is complete, this pot will contain food.
Until then, Baby Wright will have the most sterile pacies in town.
Murphy often steals my phone and uses the voice dictation feature for typing. Today she sent my mom a text that simply read: 
Hello. I'm black.
Carter is learning to read; this both excites me and tries my patience. After correctly reading the site word 'has' at least ten times, she came to it and began sounding it out phonetically:
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-s-s-s-s-s-s
only to look up at me and emphatically conclude, Dog
A cousin by relation and a dear friend by choice hopped on a plane with her four month old little love in tow and visited over the holiday weekend. I did actually use my stove for something other than paci cooking, and we enjoying noshing and wine-ing together while loving on the babes. We opined on important topics such as choosing between bangs or Botox and whether or not the consumption of non-organic meat will cause our girlies to sprout boobies in Pre-K. She did not arrive empty-handed and gifted Wright with my absolute most favorite baby gift. Ever.
Precious, right?
Now, take a close look at that right bootie...
It's inscribed with Wright in MY handwriting!
And, the left, with her middle name, Genevieve,
again in Mommy's handwriting. 
What a precious keepsake, and I've never seen those feet look so darn adorable. A thousand thank yous to you, Kyndal, (and to you, too, Kacia!) 
Remember that time our Mommies had a little vino
and wanted to take our picture? Yea, we rocked that pose.
Back to my list... which, now that I think about it, is really more of a 'How-To-Do List' than a 'To-Do-List.'

2 comments:

  1. Okay, first off - your first paragraph defines my life to a T - annnnnnd i couldn't stop laughing. Oh, the lists. and the lack of completing said lists. blerg.

    Also? why haven't we met?
    Also? now we need to plan another weekend, where I invite myself to join.

    kthanksbai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great blog by a great wife and mother. Love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan